Sunday, June 12, 2016

Grounded Body Scrub Review


Coffee based scrubs have really taken off recently with any beauty blogger worth their salt posting a bathroom selfie covered in the stuff. I've always been a Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub devotee but with Boots 2 for 3 offer on recently I thought it was worth exploring the pricer options and seeing what all the hype was about.


I may have picked up a few other bits... anyone else have an issue going into Boots and just getting what they went in for?! Tell me its not just me!


I'm a sucker for packaging but whats inside is just as amazing, the scrub is all natural packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and extra virgin coconut oil which is great for sensitive skin like mine as its really moisturising. 

I have eczema and have to be careful what I use on my skin but unlike a lot of other coffee scrubs available it has no micro beads, paragons, fillers or chemicals and it makes my skin feel AMAZING and the smell, my god the smell. It stays on your skin all day and fills your whole bathroom. 

I choose the coconut version but theres also chocolate orange and grapefruit which I really want to try next.


You can use the scrub all over your body and face and Grounded recommend using it 2 -3 times a week and once buffed into the skin leave it on your skin for 10 minutes. 

2-3 times a week is a bit much for me I feel I get the same results once a week and 10 minutes is a long time to sit in the bath or shower and wait. So I tend to use it when I'm washing my hair and have a full pamper. Scrub first then, hair mask, facial, shampoo, condition and then wash off while the conditioner is working.


The scrub is a loose one so it is a messy affair, but easy to clean up with a quick rinse and doesn't stain. It'll probably be easier in a shower but until our new bathroom is fitted bath it is!



But so worth it, I've honestly never known a scrub leave my skin so soft and smooth. Worth every penny and I'm officially converted. 

I really want to try the Coconut & Lime face scrub from the range which no doubt will end up in my basket when I "pop into Boots for essentials" next.

You can get Grounded products from Boots or order online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment