Sunday, January 06, 2013

New Year, New Scent...

So I'm a little late on the up take to do a "What I Got for Christmas Post" but as I mentioned in my last post I got engaged over Christmas so I've been a little slow on the blogging front as I've been enjoying visiting family and friends sharing our news and generally being sickeningly loved up!

So I figured rather than do a full post on everything I got - I was well and truly spoilt this Christmas! I figured I'd just post on a particular present that I thought was pretty great and do separate posts and review on the beauty items I got. 

One of the presents I got this Christmas from my mum I was really impressed with and had to share it with you. 









I personally love perfumes, I have a whole load of perfume bottles on my dressing table and I know I'm not alone at picking perfumes by how pretty the bottles are first and the scent after! But I think its quite hard to buy perfume as a present unless you know the exact fragrance the gift receiver wears/wants or needs. Which is why this gift is, in my opinion so great. The set costs £34 from The Fragrance Shop and is available in sets for him & her.

The set contains 7 sample vials of different fragrances - Nina Ricci Nina, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, Lacoste Touch of Pink, Boss Orange by Hugo Boss, Very Irresistible Givenchy, Elizabeth Arden Red Door and Paco Rabanne Lady Million. A great selection of fragrances, the even better part is within second drawer of the pretty gift box is a voucher to redeem a full bottle of a fragrance of your choice from the above list.

Theres also a booklet that explains in depth the different perfumes the top, middle and bottom notes and helps you decide better which is the fragrance for you. I choose Viva La Juicy as although I think Juicy Couture is a slightly tacky brand I love the smell and the bottle and its one I've wanted for a while but couldn't justify the price. It couldn't be easier to redeem you just go to your nearest store and handover the voucher and ask for your chosen fragrance.

So for £34 you get 7 scents that are great for putting in your handbag to freshen up throughout the day or on a night out and a full size bottle. I think the sets a great idea and they are still available in store, I plan on buying a few for different friends who's birthdays it is in the coming months. 

What gifts did you receive and love this Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo I haven't seen this set before but I love the look of it, such a great idea! I love perfume so much :) :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete