Friday, April 13, 2012

A Fairytale Life

Just a quick post today as it is in fact my boyfriends birthday and we have a day jam packed with friends, foods and a fabulous drinks, but I just had to share this amazing find with you. 
Yesterday I watched the film "Mirror Mirror" the lighter of the two snow white adaptations currently in cinemas, starring Lily Collins as Snow White (my current obsession) and Julia Roberts cast perfectly as the evil queen and although I knew the storyline and had a pretty good idea of what to expect, what I didn't count on was how amazing the costumes are! 
What blew me away was the detailing and meaning behind every costume, cleverly designed by the late Eiko Ishiokas who sadly lost her battle to pancreatic cancer in january, leaving a legacy of amazing costumes behind. The director of the film Tersem Singh talked a little about the visionary costume designer in a recent interview, saying:

"Eiko wanted to evoke a true fairy tale, she was not well during the movie; she was undergoing chemotherapy. But Eiko had only two gears: full-out or no gear at all. Her work kept her alive—it was her reason for being.” Like all of ­Eiko’s movie projects, the costumes for Mirror Mirror are elaborate, richly detailed manifestations of character. A lace collar around the evil queen’s neck is designed to evoke the backs of reptiles; Snow White’s gossamer gowns include touches like overlapping leaves and climbing velvet vines that subtly underscore her exile in the forest."

Heres a few of my favourite outfits from the film:


The Queens peacock outfit at the animal themed ball


Snow White and the Princes animal themed costumes


The queens day to day look!


The Queens wedding dress

The films star Lily Collins revealed that the costumes at times where painful due to the tight corsets but it was well worth it in my opinion, check out the trailer here, and let me know what your favourite outfit is!

Nora x


No comments:

Post a Comment