Saturday, August 20, 2011

These are a few of my Favourite Things...

So I figure its best to start with what you know! So here are a few of my Obbsessions, Likes & Loves <3

Fashion:

From designer to the more affordable highstreet, I heart fashion. Chanel, YSL, Mulberry, Burberry, Alexander Mcqueen, Chloe, Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Zara, H&M, Balmain, Bottega Venetta, Chloe, Topshop, DKNY, Elizabeth and James, Moschino, Vintage, French Connection, ASOS to name a few lust worthy names that will be making regular appearances on this blog.




Bows:
The bigger the better! Add in Chanel earrings... Bliss!

This was my inspiration for my fasinator for The Ladies Day Races at York I recently went to... minus the Chanel Earrings, donations will be appreciated!


Cupcakes
Many a diets have been dashed by my uncontrollable love for cupcakes, when I worked in London I sampled many a cakes from Hummingbird Bakery's, Lolas Cupcakes and Candy Cakes, however now I'm back home my latest port of call is Off The Cuff Cakes, a local lady, Sarah, who in her spare time is a very talented baker. My personal favourite of all her (many) creations is this Mad Hatters Tea Party Themed Giant Cupcake.




Follow her on facebook for more amazing baking delights


However I am slightly biased by saying her best creation is my 21st birthday cake, a tower of cupcakes and one giant cupcake, my dream cake!




Skulls
Alexander Mcqueen (R.I.P) you design god are the reason this usual girly girl has a love for anything covered in skulls, I'm the proud owner of two of his iconic skull scarfs (generous friends & Boyfriend) that kick started the love. This has now extended to jewellery and most recently household decorations, care of my amazing boyfriends birthday present to me. The D.L & Co Skull Candle in pink, nothing short of amazing...


My current favourite skull shaped object... Skull Sushi In the words of the great Rachel Zoe, "BANANAS"

Flowers
There is nothing better than receiving flowers, I've only been lucky enough to be gifted with flowers a handful of times, but for those who may wish to send in the future, stick with either Gerberas, Tulips, Orchids, white or light pink Roses and you'll have a happy Nora on your hands, failing that CUPCAKES! ;)



Just a small preview of things to come, stay tuned.

Nora x

No comments:

Post a Comment